Since our inception in 1907, Neiman Marcus has maintained a rich history of community support. In 2013, we refined our focus, targeting our social investments toward organizations that provide enriching art education and experiences to youth... because ART changes lives. Research has proven that students who receive arts in their curriculum tend to matriculate and graduate at higher rates, score higher on the SAT, and become more creative problem solvers and engaged civic leaders. As of 2013, 70% of our charitable giving has been directed to nonprofit organizations that specifically provide youth arts education. The remaining 30% fund other critical programs and services.